Value Add Quality Supervisor
The Value-Add Quality Supervisor is responsible for managing the quality functions for the Decatur Plant Value Add Business Unit. Each employee is responsible for and has the necessary authority to ensure quality. This position is designed to oversee daily quality operations and provide auditing and testing information, and all assistance to achieve the plant’s quality goals.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervise a team of inspectors.
- Training of personnel assigned to you.
- Prepare test samples for mechanical testing using circular saws, table saws, CMC milling machines, etc.
- Conduct a variety of mechanical tests on Production material and Production Welds to ensure the product meets minimum properties. This may include inbound materials from vendors and outbound products for shipping.
- Ensure all mechanical test and inspection results are recorded accurately.
- Ensure that all the quality check procedures put in place by the company are followed during every production phase by conducting daily periodic audits.
- Assist in the creation of Inspection Documents.
- Document quality issues and communicate quality issues with Production. Note the corrective actions that were taken.
- Educate the production team on quality control issues and work with departmental managers to improve overall company safety and product quality.
- Audit process checklists and coordinate quality inspections with departmental managers.
- Work cooperatively with the production team to meet quotas and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ Experience as an Inspection or Quality Technician.
- Experience with weld inspection. Preferred
- Understanding of advanced mathematical concepts.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and accurately measure product using calipers, micrometers, and other devices.
- High-level of visual awareness.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Experience drafting reports and collating data.
- Ability to use a computer, especially Microsoft Office WORD, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma/GED
- CWI, ASNT Level 2 VT (Preferred but not required)
- Ability to achieve forklift and crane certifications.
- Manufacturing experience working in industrial production is strongly preferred.
- Must be available for nights and weekends with occasional overtime.
- Capable of reading and understanding production documents and safety manuals.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to always comply with safety policies.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Attend all safety and production trainings.
- You will need to be reliable and punctual.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, odors, loud noise, and varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that are repetitive.
- Ability to do work requiring standing with frequent stooping, bending, reaching overhead, and sufficient manual dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to lift, move parts and equipment up to 50 pounds.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, creed, sex, disability, marital status, citizenship status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.