SCOPE: Reports directly to the Extrusion Plant Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Extrusion Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all teams in the department have all the supplies and trained personnel necessary to have a safe and successful shift. Drive the Wolverine culture through the shop floor personnel, Safety, Quality, Service, Costs, Development and Continuous Improvement through One Plant-One Team mindset.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
- Proven ability to multi-task and set priorities under pressure.
- Lead by example and hold your crew accountable to do the same.
- Prioritize shift assignments and available staffing/coverage in order to meet shift safety, quality, and efficiency goals.
- Audit processes – ensure training and controls are in place.
- Assist TM’s with any issues and/or questions they may have.
- Focus on fundamental quality checks, thermal management, dimensional integrity, and correct data entry.
- Identify potential leaders, and plan for their growth.
- KPI ownership, driving KPIs to target through process accountability and team improvements.
- Report data daily to the teams to allow them to be aware of their standing against targets.
- Develop clear action items for improvements for all off-target KPIs.
- Communicate daily with management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, aluminum extrusion a plus
- 1+ years supervisory experience
- Strong computer skills
- Basic mechanical components/aptitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, odors, loud noise and varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that are repetitive.
- Ability to do work requiring standing with frequent stooping, bending, reaching overhead and sufficient manual dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to lift, move parts and equipment up to 100 pounds in a team lift.
- Able to work 12 hour shifts primarily standing.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, creed, sex, disability, marital status, citizenship status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.