SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS: Support the extrusion press teams by preparing tooling for order processes. Maintain tooling post-production through cleaning and proper storage.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
- Consult the press schedule for a tooling set up plan, prepare tools (set up), double-check the tooling is correct per die set up procedure.
- Take dies to the press and load into the die oven; write tooling and time on the die oven inventory log.
- Remove post-production tooling from the press area and prepare for caustic process per procedure.
- Clean tooling and bead blast tooling, separate tools as repair or polish per procedure.
- Assist correctors with polishing and ensuring dies are placed in proper storage locations.
- Keep workspace clean and organized.
- Monitor and change out caustic tanks as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Follow reasonable safe work requests that come from your supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, odors, loud noise, and varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that are repetitive.
- Ability to do work requiring standing with frequent stooping, bending, reaching overhead, and sufficient manual dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to lift, move parts and equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work 12-hour shifts primarily standing.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, creed, sex, disability, marital status, citizenship status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.