The Quality Auditor is responsible for assisting with the quality functions for the Decatur Plant. Each employee is responsible for and has the necessary authority to ensure quality. This position Is designed to provide auditing and testing Information, and all assistance to achieve the plant’s quality goals.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
- Follow established guidelines for auditing of in-process materials, sampling standards, and use of gauging equipment
- Communicate with supervisors, leads, and operators regarding defective or unacceptable parts
- Promote the advancement of quality activities within the plant, using communication skills and acquired quality knowledge, and provide feedback as required.
- Report audit activities in a clear and concise manner, to be used to improve processes throughout the plant
- Work cooperatively with the production team to meet quotas and goals.
- Audit process checklist to coordinate with packing/shipping.
- Recommend changes to current production practices, based on the collected information and experience gained within the scope of audit duties.
- Root cause downstream scrap events, developing countermeasures to reduce future occurrences
- Conduct a variety of mechanical tests on production material to ensure the product meets minimum properties. This may include inbound materials from vendors. (Applies when daily auditing has been completed)
- Prepare test samples for mechanical testing using circular and table saws. (Applies when daily auditing has been completed)
- Experience as an Inspection or Quality Technician.
- Understanding of advanced mathematical concepts.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and accurately measure product using calipers, micrometers, and other devices.
- High-level of visual awareness.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Experience drafting reports and collating data.
- Ability to use a computer, especially Microsoft Office WORD, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- High School Diploma/GED
- Manufacturing experience working in industrial production is strongly preferred.
- Must be available for nights and weekends with occasional overtime.
- Capable of reading and understanding production documents and safety manuals.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to always comply with safety policies.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Attend all safety and production trainings.
- You will need to be reliable and punctual.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, odors, loud noise and varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that are repetitive.
- Ability to do work requiring standing with frequent stooping, bending, reaching overhead and sufficient manual dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to lift, move parts and equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work 12 hour shifts primarily standing.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, creed, sex, disability, marital status, citizenship status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.