Install, maintain and repair industrial machinery and mechanical equipment by interpreting drawings, performing layouts and assembling parts until they are in perfect working order.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Respond to service calls from all departments involving breakdowns to diagnose and repair equipment as required. Responsible for prioritizing repairs with input and direction from Plant Management.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus and discuss it with other maintenance technicians including Maintenance Supervisor. Diagnose and repair or replace faulty hydraulic or pneumatic components, mechanical components including but not limited to bearings, couplings, etc.; combustion components.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot production equipment’s operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications and functional limitations.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance (P.M.) on plant equipment, including but not limited to, extrusion presses and auxiliary equipment, CNC machines and welding machines.
- Perform daily inspection of the operation of the extrusion presses including maintenance of the oil levels, oil leaks, billet heater operation, cutoff saw operation, transfer operation, stretcher operation, etc.
- Install and/or modify equipment in cooperation with the Engineering Services Manager to improve the reliability, simplify the operation, improve operational safety, etc.
- Complete all paperwork on a timely basis, including daily work sheets assigning work to appropriate jobs or equipment.
- Follow Company rules, regulations and policies regarding work and safety practices.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area including general housekeeping of the work area upon completion of a repair. Assist with general housekeeping of the Maintenance area.
- Read and interpret blueprints/schematic.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in basis hydraulics, pneumatics, fabrication, cutting with a torch and welding.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of maintenance experience in an extrusion, industrial or related environment is preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Relevant industrial/educational certifications.
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience required.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and stay up to date on changes to safety policies.
- Must be available for nights and weekends with occasional overtime.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Attend all safety and production trainings.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Ability to work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, odors, loud noise, and varying temperatures.
- Ability to perform physical tasks that are repetitive.
- Ability to do work requiring standing with frequent stooping, bending, reaching overhead, and sufficient manual dexterity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Ability to lift, move parts and equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to wear necessary PPE’s (footwear, face covering, ear protection, eye protection, etc.).
- Able to work 12-hour shifts primarily standing.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, creed, sex, disability, marital status, citizenship status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.